Thursday, 26 June 2014

The Face

CROESO Y CYMRU!
Welcome to Wales and all the terrors that lie therein. It's a land of beauty and ancient mystery, of dark, swirling mists and mountains.

I have a tale for you. It's called "The Face" and it's about one of my favourite places in Wales, a lovely waterfall called Pistyll Rhaeadr. That's it there on the left. You wouldn't think anything bad could happen there, would you? Well, even the most beautiful places can harbour ancient evil.

My story is about a girl who discovers something very strange in her photographs of Pistyll Rhaeadr. She's convinced she can see a face in the changing currents of the falling water. Her boyfriend Owain and his brother Gareth see it too but they don't seem to find it strange. That winter the entire waterfall freezes solid and Gareth, the adventurous one, decides to climb it.

That's all I'll say about it. If you want to know more - well, you'll just have to get the book, won't you? You won't be disappointed, I promise. You're always in good hands with Paul Finch. And just look at that list of contributors! Reggie Oliver . . . Simon Clark . . . Stephen Volk . . . Tim Lebbon . . . Ray Cluley . . . Gary Fry . . . Oh - and John Llewellyn Probert, of course.  :-)

I'm certainly looking forward to reading all those stories myself. Although it might make visiting my Welsh in-laws a little more . . . unnerving.



No comments:

Post a Comment