Thursday, 6 September 2012

The Victorian giallo lives on!

I'm delighted to announce that my Hanns Heinz Ewers tribute story "White Roses, Bloody Silk" is reprinted in Best New Horror 23.

I can't summarise it any better than Demonik over on the Vault of Evil:

"Lady Elizabeth Rossiter and her equally vile entourage fancy themselves the last word in decadence. But their guest, Dr. Wilhelm Krauss, recently exiled from the Fatherland for his part in a society scandal, is the real deal - some even believe he's the Devil himself - whose treatment of personal maid Anna, leaves the company in little doubt as to his sadism. It all proves too much for doolally Aunt Florence, who goes berserk with the knitting needles."

He adds kindly:

"Lady Probert's forthcoming d├ębut collection is looking more of a must with each passing hour."

Yes, From Hell to Eternity is coming soon from Gray Friar Press. I'll post the cover as soon as it's finished. Needless to say, I'm very excited!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations. This is my favourite anthology I buy it every year.

    Good to see another story from you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deborah! I was delighted to see that obscure little story get some mainstream attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recently read this anthology, and enjoyed your story very much. Somewhat flippantly, I described it in my review as "a bloodbath of a story, like Tarantino writing a drawing-room drama and getting three quarters of the way through"

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Thanks for that, James - that's quite a compliment!

    ReplyDelete